A super sweet winter resource for building sight word recognition skills!
This Fall Themed Sight Word Card Set contains all 46, Grade Two Dolch Sight Words, and includes 3 different winter themes: penguins, snowmen, and hearts. It’s perfect for keeping things interesting for your kiddos, throughout the winter season 🙂
Illustrations have been hand drawn by Intergalactic Literacy, for a fun and unique resource! Also included are hide-and-seek cards, as well as printable blank cards, for writing additional words for your students to practice.
Each word card measures 5.2 x 2.65 inches making it versatile for use in pocket chart games, on a word wall, or popping on a ring and hanging at a literacy center. All pages are in color, however could be printed in black and white, should you wish.
Words included (on penguin, snowman, & heart themed cards):
always, around, because, been
before, best, both, buy,
call, cold, does, don’t,
fast, first, five, found,
gave, goes, green, its,
made, many, off, or,
pull, read, right, sing,
sit, sleep, tell, their,
these, those, upon, us,
use, very, wash, which,
why, wish, work, would,
To Play the Pocket Chart Game
- Print, cut and laminate sight word cards, and the corresponding hide-and-seek cards.
- ‘Penguin’ sight words = ‘fish’ hide-and-seek cards
- ‘Snowman’ sight words = ‘snowflake’ hide-and-seek cards
- ‘Heart’ sight words = ‘flowers’ hide-and-seek cards
- Choose the theme, and the words, you would like to display in the Pocket Chart
- Hide a few (ie. 2-3) of the hide-and-seek cards, behind the sight word cards.
- Students that find the hidden cards, can be the ones to re-hide them, during the next round of play.
- To make the game easier, sight words can be flipped over once picked, so students do not call on them again.
- For more of a challenge, keep cards facing forward, so students need to remember the words that have been selected.
has been added to your cart!
have been added to your cart!