A super cute winter resource for building sight word recognition skills!
This Fall Themed Sight Word Card Set contains all 41, Grade Three Dolch Sight Words, and includes 3 different winter themes: penguins, snowmen, and hearts. It’s perfect for keeping things interesting for your kiddos, throughout the winter season 🙂
Illustrations have been hand drawn by Intergalactic Literacy, for a fun and unique resource! Also included are hide-and-seek cards, as well as printable blank cards, for writing additional words for your students to practice.
Each word card measures 5.2 x 2.65 inches making it versatile for use in pocket chart games, on a word wall, or popping on a ring and hanging at a literacy center. All pages are in color, however could be printed in black and white, should you wish.
Words included (on penguin, snowman, & heart themed cards):
about, better, bring, carry,
clean, cut, done, draw,
drink, eight, fall, far,
full, got, grow, hold,
hot, hurt, if, keep,
kind, laugh, light, long,
much, myself, never, only,
own, pick, seven, shall,
show, six, small, start,
ten, today, together, try,
To Play the Pocket Chart Game
- Print, cut and laminate sight word cards, and the corresponding hide-and-seek cards.
- ‘Penguin’ sight words = ‘fish’ hide-and-seek cards
- ‘Snowman’ sight words = ‘snowflake’ hide-and-seek cards
- ‘Heart’ sight words = ‘flowers’ hide-and-seek cards
- Choose the theme, and the words, you would like to display in the Pocket Chart
- Hide a few (ie. 2-3) of the hide-and-seek cards, behind the sight word cards.
- Students that find the hidden cards, can be the ones to re-hide them, during the next round of play.
- To make the game easier, sight words can be flipped over once picked, so students do not call on them again.
- For more of a challenge, keep cards facing forward, so students need to remember the words that have been selected.