A super sweet resource for building sight word recognition skills!
This Spring Themed Sight Word Card Set contains all 52, Kindergarten Dolch Sight Words, and includes 3 different spring themes: rainbows, eggs, and flowers. It’s perfect for keeping things interesting for your kiddos, throughout the spring season 🙂
Looking for more grades?
***Please note: This sight word set can be purchased in a Pre-K to Gr 3 BUNDLE at a discounted price here.***
Illustrations for this package have been hand drawn by Intergalactic Literacy, making a unique and fun flash card resource! Also included are hide-and-seek cards, as well as printable blank cards, for writing additional words for your students to practice. All pages are in color, however could be printed in black and white, should you wish.
Word cards measures 5.2 x 2.65 inches, making it versatile for use in pocket charts, on a word wall, as flash cards, or keeping at a literacy center.
Words included (in all 3 spring themes):
all, am, are, at,
ate, be, black, brown,
but, came, did, do,
eat, four, get, good,
have, he, into, like,
must, new, no, now,
on, our, out, please,
pretty, ran, ride, saw,
say, she, so, soon,
that, there, they, this,
too, under, want, was,
well, went, what, white,
who, will, with, yes
**Please note: This sight word set can be purchased in a BUNDLE at a discounted price here.**
To Play the Pocket Chart Game
- Print, cut and laminate sight word cards, and the corresponding hide-and-seek cards.
- ‘Penguin’ sight words = ‘fish’ hide-and-seek cards
- ‘Snowman’ sight words = ‘snowflake’ hide-and-seek cards
- ‘Heart’ sight words = ‘flowers’ hide-and-seek cards
- Choose the theme, and the words, you would like to display in the Pocket Chart
- Hide a few (ie. 2-3) of the hide-and-seek cards, behind the sight word cards.
- Students that find the hidden cards, can be the ones to re-hide them, during the next round of play.
- To make the game easier, sight words can be flipped over once picked, so students do not call on them again.
- For more of a challenge, keep cards facing forward, so students need to remember the words that have been selected.
To see further details and sample pages, click here for a PREVIEW of this package 🙂